Saturday 24 October 2015

Compassion

Although I love the passion, the feelings, the full heartedness of vegans, sometimes the brain goes out of the window when venting.

And I do understand. I have been 'militant' and obnoxiously vegan myself. But I very quickly cottoned on to the fact that bashing up against what you don't want in the world simply makes a lot of noise and annoyance. It doesn't necessarily help the cause - I mean, really, look at wars. What is left behind from those? Devastation and death and empty, hollow, so called victories. If we look at these objectively, we would see that actually, not much was achieved. And each war simply is the start of a new war anyway.

Add 'com' to 'passion' and you get compassion. And that is the key. It's important to feel compassion towards those who do eat meat - they are still asleep. Just as I once was. They are still disconnected, I took many years to connect and see the light. So, compassion towards those who still cannot see.

And once you follow the path of compassion, all its friends come and join you too - gentleness, kindness, care, patience, love...all will join you in your journey into what is possible. And what is possible is that humans turn into humankind.

Be bold, yes, be outspoken, be brave, be sturdy and steadfast. But do it all with compassion not just to the animals, but to humans. They are being cruel to themselves too, but just don't see it. Show them the light and the way, don't hit them and cause them more damage. It only damages further the actual cause.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment