Tuesday 6 October 2015

Introduction and a bit of a rant

I am no writer. But I do have a lot to say. Whether I say it well, or whether I can get my points across succinctly and intelligently...well, we will just have to see. No one is forced to read it. I am not being forced to write it.

One of the things that people seem to accuse me of are my 'extreme' views. I suppose they are shocked at some of the things I come out with, the comparisons I make when pointing out the suffering that animals go through at the hands of human'kind'  (Snort!).

I don't hold back.

For instance, I consider factory farming to be equal to any concentration camp that humans have had to endure at the hands of their own people (and by people, I simply mean humans - screw any differences of birth place, religion, culture or colour - we are ALL human) and I am happy to point out that female farm animals get raped - yes, rape most definitely is the word for what we do to make them pregnant. Plus a load of others that I will get round to over time.

I needed things to be CLEAR and OBVIOUS before I could make the connection. I was as conditioned as anyone else. Not knowing what happened to put meat and dairy in my fridge and on my plate. The 'happy' farm animal lie was well and truly believed, not even consciously. I just didn't have a clue.

I gave up meat because something instinctual took over and told me it wasn't good for my health. That was the start of an ongoing journey. Time went by and bit by bit the truth of the matter was slowly revealed to me - animals were being used, abused, tortured, slaughtered in horrific conditions. My eyes began to widen, my mind expanded, until finally, one day I simply could never unknow what I now knew.

I was a vegetarian for 20 years before I became vegan.

For 20 years I continued to believe the lies that a vegan diet was not healthy. That it would make me weak, that I needed at least dairy and eggs to ensure I didn't become ill, that I wasn't deficient in anything, etc etc etc

But the human part of me exploded into action one day and threw off the shackles of slavery to dairy and eggs and I have never looked back. And weirdly, that final realisation simply opened the doors to thousands more doors that I am still journeying through each day, discovering more and more lies and more and more cover-ups. The environment, the pharmaceutical industry, the educational system, the financial systems, the politicians, the list goes on and on.

The whole human world is one gigantic prison that we simply continue to live in mindlessly. Well, no more.

I feel better, having got that all of my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment